What does the “G.” stand for?
Once upon a time there were small starch factories in every small village, scattered over the south of Sweden. And there lived a man called Erik Larsson who built one in 1928 in his home village of Barum, delivering all the machines to this factory as well. It so happened that that factory burned down to the ground in a fire in 1942, and Erik had to rebuild it and deliver new machines. Unfortunately, he became ill and Gösta Larsson, his son, who at the time was only 17 years old, had to take over Erik’s role as construction manager and machine supplier.
That’s how the story started and Gösta continued in Erik’s footsteps. In 1948 he launched Gösta Larssons Mekaniska Verkstad, starting to provide maintenance service for the starch plants in the area. That was the beginning of our history and Gösta’s spirit is still within the company even if our company name has changed to G. Larsson Starch Technology AB.
The “G” is for Gösta and our machines GL1000/600, GL1000/500, GL1050 etc. bear his name to remind us of our solid history.