Change language

About LARSSON

A short introduction of us

LARSSON was founded in 1948 and is today a leading manufacturer of process equipment for the starch industry. LARSSON has built up a substantial bank of expertise that covers the entire starch process in different adaptations for several starch sources. LARSSON patents and LARSSON machines, equipment and expertise have opened the doors to an expansive export all over the world.

Our manufacturing plant is located together with our head office in Bromölla in southern Sweden. LARSSON has since august 2007 a trading company, located in Guangzhou and since 2009 a Rep. Office in Belarus, located in Minsk. Since 2015 do LARSSON also have a company in Brazil.

Through a network of specialized sub-contractors and partners in different areas, LARSSON offers efficient solutions and extensive delivery capacity.

LARSSON is an independent company, wholly-owned by the Larsson family.

Movie about LARSSON, click on picture below:

Larsson movies

Family business

LARSSON History

In the end of the 1940s, Jörgens father, Gösta Larsson, had become engaged in his father, Erik Larsson, work. An education at technical college and some clever inventions resulted in several patents of his own for starch machines.

In 1950, he built his own workshop and also began manufacturing his own machines. At that time production was generally on a small-scale and there were over 140 starch factories in Sweden.

The actual processes were also developed and it was Gösta who led this work, with his position becoming more consolidated both in Sweden and the rest of Scandinavia. It became more and more difficult for their competitors. “We had got off to a good start.

Our products were more developed and adapted and today as is well known we are a world leader and we don’t intend to relinquish this position,” says Gösta.